Vocal Masterclassics is a free resource that enables students, teachers, and lovers of singing to cut through internet clutter by targeting world-class masterclasses that specifically apply to their training needs and desires.
Your targeted masterclass begins when you are ready! Use our 10 search tools to probe our approximately 1000 masterclass listings - and you soon will be viewing your detailed masterclass program and the video of your choice!
Notice to our dear Vocal Masterclassics users:
As many of you know, the creation of this masterclass database resource has been a project of love from the very start, born from a deep-seated belief that world-renowned masterclasses need to be made searchable and accessible to singers, teachers, and music lovers around the world.
In keeping with that philosophy, we are committed to making our Vocal Masterclassics database and posts an on-going free resource for all.
However, because there are significant costs to maintaining and keeping the website and database continuously up-to-date with the newest masterclasses, we have determined that a restructure of our service is needed.
Therefore, beginning December 15, 2020, our website will take on a slightly new look and structure.
One side of our service will be the "Browse for Free" option.
- This option will provide all of our masterclass posts in alphabetical format by Master Artist Name. As visitors browse through the list, they will be able to click on any name/title to view masterclass posts as presently offered.
The other side of our service will be the "Advanced Search Lifetime Membership" option. For a low, one-time payment, those purchasing this option will be afforded:
- Full access to our ten drop-down menu search tools so they can find the precise masterclasses they desire or need for their training.
- A free VMC Masterclass Reflection Workbook for guided masterclass viewing and inspiration.
- A lifetime subscription to our Masterclass Alert Email Newsletter that will keep subscribers up-to-date on all the newest masterclasses to hit the internet and our database.
The regular, one-time cost for full membership will be $39.95.
However, as an introductory special, we will be offering lifetime memberships for a one-time payment of just $24.95, which is approximately 40% off the regular subscription cost.
Again, for a one-time payment of $24.95, you will receive full Advanced Search Access - for life.
When you visit Vocal Masterclassics beginning December 15, 2020, you will be able to purchase your membership at 40% off for a limited time, so be sure to act quickly!
We want to thank you for visiting and using Vocal Masterclassics, and look forward to being of service to you in the years to come!
All the best!
The Vocal Masterclassics Team
“God bless you for this educational project of love! I think Vocal Masterclassics is a brilliant idea and will be so very helpful to teachers and students. Thank you for this valuable volume of performing material!”
Denyce Graves // World-Renowned Mezzo-Soprano & Pedagogue
“Vocal Masterclassics is an incredible wealth of information!!! I love that you can literally see any of the artists chronicled and get all of their expertise and words of wisdom right at your fingers tips! I believe that every one in our business can benefit from this site, from students to teachers, to institutions, to even professional singers giving classes for the first time! I know that I will use this site and I highly recommend it for all young singers and teachers! It’s just awesome!”
Jennifer Rowley // Internationally-Acclaimed Soprano
To All Voice Students and Teachers
Are you ready to go deeper in your masterclass viewing?
For use in voice study at all levels and programs, we are pleased to provide our masterclass reflection workbook that implements masterclass viewing seamlessly and easily into weekly lesson assignments!
Using the Vocal Masterclassics Search Tools - Helpful Guidelines
1. Choose items from any or all of the menus. Note: the results are exclusive rather than inclusive.
Example #1: You simultaneously chose both "La Boheme" under the Encompassing Work category and "Thomas Hampson" under the Artist Name category. Your results will show ONLY those masterclasses in which Thomas Hampson coaches a title from "La Boheme."
Example #2: You chose "Rigoletto" under Encompassing Work, and did not choose any other category. Your search now reveals ALL masterclasses of ALL artists in which "Rigoletto" is taught.
Example #3: You chose "Kiri te Kanawa" under Artist Name, and did not choose any other category. Your search now reveals ONLY the masterclasses taught by Kiri te Kanawa.
Example #4: You simultaneously chose Kristen Chenoweth under Artist Name and "Tosca" under Encompassing Work, and got no results even though our database has masterclasses with Chenoweth and other masterclasses encountering "Tosca." The reason you got no results, however, is because Chenoweth did not teach anything from "Tosca" in her masterclass.
2. You must then click the SEARCH button to initiate the search of your selected items.
3. The more items you select, the smaller the list of results will become.
4. Important: One of the most frequent reasons that users get a "no results" finding is because they did not hit the RESET SEARCH button between searches, thus inadvertently leaving some categories unknowingly still selected. To avoid this frustration, be sure to always reset (clearing all categories) before beginning a new search.
About the search results pages:
1. Our numbering system applies only to masterclass listings that include more than one song or event (such as “Opening Comments,” “Question and Answer,” etc.). We call every song or event in a particular masterclass a “scene.”
2. The first digit refers to the particular scene being referenced, and the second number refers to how many scenes the entire masterclass contains. For example, 3/5 would mean there are a total of five scenes in this particular masterclass, and this listing is referring to the third scene in that class. 2/6 would mean there are six total scenes in this masterclass, and this is the listing for the second scene.
3. Occasionally, there will be consecutive videos where: it is the same singer working on the exact same piece; or different segments of an interview; or different segments of a class - but all with subsequent videos covering different portions of that class. For these, we simply list them as “1 of 2” or “2 of 2” or “2 of 3,” and so on. Or, you might just find a single number following a listing, which means there is more than one video with that same title.
Thanks for being our guest here at Vocal Masterclassics! Happy Searching!
Our Affiliate Product Disclosure
As you begin searching for your masterclasses on our database, you will notice that each post not only provides the masterclass program and video specific to your search, but also includes items related to the piece being taught. These items range from anthologies and scores to noteworthy recordings and translations.
Unless otherwise noted, the listed products are affiliate links, meaning that if you choose to make a purchase, Vocal Masterclassics will earn a small commission to aid us in continuing to build and maintain our free database service. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Thank you!